Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Macapa, Brazil Exploration

Today's post,  part II.

Macapa has two interesting things in it,  aside from general city exploration.  The first of these is a very large old French fort.  I took photos of that.  The second is a large obelisk and concrete line that are right on the equator. I took photos of that too.  Macapa straddles the equator,  and the Monumento do Marco Zero is something I had very much been looking forward to seeing.  I'm quite pleased with myself,  as today I stood with one foot in the northern hemisphere and one in the southern hemisphere.  I did not set up two toilets side by side to see if the water swirled in opposite directions when flushed,  but I did think myself clever for walking from winter into summer.  :)  Of course,  it's hot at the equator,  so they both pretty much felt the same to me.  Short blog post,  more pics.









4 comments:

  1. Love the images Rod. Dearly hope to follow you one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) You know it's possible. :)

      Delete
  2. Loving this round of pics...pretty much all of them. You seem to have found your comfort zone again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a little while. :) It's getting easier to travel, I'm getting more used do what is required of me, and learning as I go. Travel days are a little more stressful than exploration days, that will probably just stay true.

      Today, sadly, is an exception. I'm struggling a great deal with my credit card company, which means I'm staying inside most of the day trying to get this worked out.

      Delete