Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Exhausted

The morning started out well,  aside from a mild hangover from too many Caipirinhas last night,  I got up,  packed,  and was brought to the airport where my flight was on time and smooth,  all the way to Foz do Iguassu,  with a brief stop somewhere along the line.

Getting to the actual town of Foz do Iguassu sapped the rest of my strength.  I decided to catch the local bus for $1 rather than spent $20 on a cab,  but it started raining heavily before the bus came,  and the bus was very full,  and trying to juggle one large bag and one smaller but heavy bag was a challenge.  I did mange to get someone to tell me the correct stop to get off at,  but then I had another 20 minute hike in the rain before I got to the hostel.  After I got here I struggled with the too-small locker under my bed,  dripping sweat for several minutes until I figured out a solution.  I had a small lunch as well,  and being hungry didn't help.  I finally got everything squared away,  and then just sat in the hostel common area for a while to cool down before grabbing a fast nap.  I managed to make it out to grab some food,  I was going to find something fast,  but then I saw a McDonalds and broke down and ate there.  Brazilian restaurants sometimes don't open until late. 

I am strongly considering spending a lot of money (about $800) to move to the hotel that is located right inside the park, a 5 minute walk away from the falls.  I'm going to get some food and sleep and explore tomorrow and see how I feel then,  but right now I'm just exhausted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment