Saturday, February 18, 2012

Famous Rio Landmarks: Sugarloaf Mountain and Christ the Redeemer Statue

When most people think of Rio de Janiero,  a few important landmarks come to mind.  Today was the day to explore those important landmarks,  my hosts took me to both Sugarloaf Mountain and the Christ the Redeemer statue.  Aside from a delay due to difficulties with the gondolas at Sugarloaf,  today was super relaxing,  and wonderful for photography.  In fact,  I don't even have much to say,  the images say it all for me today. 



Copacabana Beach from Sugerloaf Mountain.  Each of those red dots is an umbrella.



Waiting for the train to ascend the Christ the Redeemer mountain.  (Corcovado)



This image and the image above it are part of my philosophy that there are interesting images to be found no matter where you are.  In my case I was sitting in a somewhat uninspiring neighborhood for a few hours before going up Corcovado.  I just sat there and took my time looking at my surroundings until I found something interesting,  those two pictures are what I came up with.


Dragging the shutter while taking the train up the mountain.




It's the postcard photo of Rio de Janiero.  This one is worth clicking on to see large.




Being driven home after sunset.  This is purely experimental photography at this point.  I'm happy it worked out as well as it did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment