Monday, March 5, 2012

Montevideo First Impressions

Hi all

I stayed out late tonight at a concert,  and I need to get to bed shortly,  so no long written post.  A few quick things:  I really,  really like Montevideo.  I explore the town a bunch,  met a guy at lunch and we talked for an hour or more,  have been starting to eat a lot of beef since I'm nearing the cattle farming areas of Argentina,  and went to an interesting concert tonight.  More about all that later hopefully.  Oh,  also,  I made it to Montevideo.  I didn't update my blog yesterday since it was a travel day.  :)  Here are some first,  unedited photos of the city.


Fountain with lots of locks with initials.  There's a legend,  you can probably guess the last line on the plaque.


Lots of architecture like this.


Gateway between the Centro and the Old Town.


More street art.


Old wrought iron structure near the port,  filled with delicious restaurants.


Some thing on the water.  We're still on the Atlantic Ocean side of South America,  just to be clear.


This used to be the tallest building in South America.  I saw a drawing of a zepplin docked at the top of it today,  but I don't know if that ever happened or not.


Looking down the main street in Centro



No comments:

Post a Comment