Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow Day

Today Seattle is covered with snow. This normally brings much hand-wringing and the usual things you hear when Seattleites talk about snow like “I grew up in the Midwest and know how to drive on this,” and “There’s no way I’ll drive on this, I know how, but everyone else out there doesn’t, and is a danger to themselves and others.”

Today would be a perfect day to sit inside and work on travel planning….but….perhaps it’s time for a break for me.

So I sit back and assess where I’m at. I’ve got a bunch of plane tickets, but not all of them. I’ve got a pretty good idea of what my itinerary will be, but there are parts left open. I’ve been in touch with my contacts in Rio and Brasilia, and it looks like I’ll be attending Carnival, which is super exciting.

Here is my list of things I still need to do:
- Buy a backpack, and pack
- Tweak my flights in the Carribean so I can have enough to time to grab my Suriname Tourist Card in Curacao.
- Get a bunch of memory chips for my camera
- Pick up a “Learn Portuguese” book on tape from the library
- Research exit taxes for the countries I’m traveling through
- Get a haircut

Seems like a pretty reasonable list. Of course, I could keep on planning for weeks and weeks, nail down exactly what hostels I’m staying in, nail down flights in Brazil, nail down car rentals in a few places, that sort of thing, but, I think I’m good for now.

And after all, it is a snow day.

I leave you with a photo from my trip to Vermont in late October of this year, mainly because I haven't taken a good photo of today's snowfall yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment