Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Machu Picchu

Yesterday I explored Machu Picchu.  The weather cooperated, I got up at 4:15am to get in front of the large crowd of tourists,  and got a few photos.  I present them here.




It's the dramatic version of Machu Picchu here.  I pushed those shadows into black pretty far.  :)





For my blog readers who like people in my photographs.  :)  Also,  gives a better sense of scale of the place.










I like this shot a great deal.  It shows Machu Picchu clearly,  but also shows an interesting new angle that I haven't seen much before,  incorporating these large ring terraces that nicely frame the main subject.



There's a story about this photo,  I am putting it in the next post.


The small town of Aguas Calientes



Aguas Calientes is only reachable via train.  This is a Peru Rail locomotive

No comments:

Post a Comment