Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lima, but no pics

Today was a lengthy travel day,  so in the evening I treated myself well.  I got a private room in my hostel,  went for a long walk down to the beach to watch the sunset over the Pacific Ocean,  and then for dinner had the best food I've had so far this trip.  (Um,  well,  maybe the main dish wasn't as good as the beef I had in Iguassu Falls, Brazil,  but the desert might have been the best dessert I've ever eaten in my entire life)

So while there was an amazing sunset,  I have no photos of it.  Instead I took the day to reflect on the trip I've had,  think about what it has meant for me,  and just spent some time enjoying the world around me rather than trying to think hard about how to capture it in images.

Dinner tonight was,  by the way,  quite expensive by Peruvian standards,  clocking in at just over 200 Soles.  A starter,  2 drinks,  a main dish,  and dessert.  But the dessert,  just by itself,  was worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment